Friday, June 16, 2006

Mike & Lorelli





I had the very good fortune of being able to attend Mike and Lorelli's gorgeous wedding in Banff National Park. I flew to Calgary and hired a cute little Chevrolet and drove to Banff. It was - 30 degrees...which I believe to be too cold for human survival. I felt like every cell in my body was freezing over and my body was shutting down. It was even too cold for my electric toothbrush to work ( I thought it was broken but it worked perfectly as soon as I returned to Vancouver)

Aside from the fact that I was so cold I could hardly step outside, the ceremony was lovely: the couple clearly head over heals in love with each other, "my brother" doing a fabulous job of Maid of Honour and the bride glowing with excitement. Some of the highlights were Lorabelle and her dad dancing to Nat and Natalie King Cole's 'Unforgettable', Grandma and Grandpa Stone getting busy as a part of this strange Canadian tradition where all the couples at the wedding have to do a raunchy kiss to be copied by the wedding couple, and the bride leading the way in some good old line dancing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home