Monday, January 30, 2006

Bye My Pies





Inevitably, Pies had to return to NZ to go back to work and continue to earn the money he used to spoil me rotten while he was here. It was sad. But we've done it before and know it's okay.

This sums up the difference between him and I:

To get to the airport he had ordered a stretch limousine. It's not actually as ridiculous as it sounds because here they are fairly comparable to taxis. Still, we felt like rock stars (in a limo that the driver assured us has been used by real rock stars) and it was a smooth and quick journey.

After I dropped Pies off I took the bus home. It cost me $3.25, took nearly four times as long as the trip out, required three changes and 25 minutes of standing in the freezing cold.

That plopped me right back into my normal life.

Here we are in the limo, trying to look the part...and failing pretty miserably.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home