Friday, June 16, 2006

There's no place like home

I came home to NZ for a whirlwind three and a half week visit. There's nothing like the smell of the air when you step out of Auckland International airport. It's salt and sea and freshly cut grass and it's always the same no matter what time of year it is. And it always make me fall in love with NZ. Right up until the part where they charge me $250 in excess luggage to fly to New Plymouth, despite me calling to confirm I wouldn't have a problem. I had three perfect days at mum and dad's. I wish I could've stayed there the entire time. I absolutely love being at La Galena. They have the most fabulous life and it was gorgeous weather. We ate yummy food, mooched around at the vineyard, enjoyed the restaurants, cinemas and galleries of New Plymouth (NP rocks!) and enjoyed each other's company. I'm pretty sure Reow remembered his mum coz he slept on my bed every night. He's enjoying the country life and was stalking a little bunny rabbit for the days I was there.

Then we flew down to Wellington and as luck would have it I managed to get a temp job back at Clemenger in the TVP department. It worked out perfectly. I spread myself around Pies, Jen's and the Marshall's houses and had a blast catching up with everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home